Be the Pupil Administrator you’ve always wanted to be.
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a Pupil Administrator to join our close-knit team at The Grange Therapeutic School. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a challenging and rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you.
About the School
The Grange is an 8-18 mixed gender SEMH SEN school on the Rutland / Leicestershire border with a strong emphasis on the care and welfare of its pupils. The school has a varied curriculum designed to meet the needs of the pupils, many of whom have secondary needs of ASD and ADHD. This curriculum includes GCSEs, BTECs and Entry Level qualifications as well as a full vocational programme. At the last Ofsted the school was rated “Good” overall with “Outstanding” ratings for behaviour / welfare and leadership / management.
About the Role
Joining our team of dedicated staff, you will provide administrative and clerical support for the school and its staff, ensuring that services are provided in an efficient, effective and timely way and as directed by the Finance Manager.
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a pupil administrator who wants to help with Data input particularly in supporting the management and administration of pupil data, particularly attendance records and reporting. Collate and retrieve information as required for management reporting and progress monitoring and to ensure staff throughout the school are provided with efficient and effective administrative and clerical support. To assist in all school admissions and pupil EHCP reviews.
No two days are the same at The Grange so we want staff who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with special needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. Whilst previous experience of working in within a SEN environment would be desirable, the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
We offer a competitive salary including Staff Pension Scheme, a fantastic working environment and very supportive staff group.
- Implement recording, filing and control processes that ensure accurate and timely information is provided
- Provide word processing, administrative and clerical services in a professional and confidential manner
- Ensure correspondence is handled in a timely and appropriate manner and that good relations are maintained with parents, local authorities and other bodies
- Deal with internal and external enquiries, reception of visitors
- Respond to e-mails, letters and telephone enquiries ensuring that all enquiries are dealt with in a professional and sensitive manner
- Assist school staff and managers in dealing with correspondence, requests for information, organising and scheduling visits
- Support and assist in the preparation of routine and monthly reports, particularly attendance
- Experience of working to quality standards such as ISO 9000
- Experience of working within an educational setting or a busy office, handling multiple tasks and meeting tight deadline
- NVQ Level Two or equivalent in Business Administration and a minimum of two years in an office environment.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.