Job Title: Residential Care Worker
Salary: up to £21,000
Location: The Grange Therapeutic School, Oakham, Leicestershire, LE15 8LY
Hours: 42.5 hours per week
If you want to help change the lives of disadvantaged young people we have the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Residential Care Worker to join our close-knit team at The Grange Therapeutic School, Leicestershire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who will participate in all aspects of work in a residential child care setting. You will be expected to partake in activities to promote the wellbeing of our pupils, hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive our school vehicles.
About the School
We are specialist provision for boys and girls with Education Health Care Plans for social emotional and mental needs aged 8-18. We are situated in the beautiful Leicestershire countryside, with close access to major roads, in a Victorian country house. We have with fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to and driven by the individuals.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
Do you want to start a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? Yes? – We want you!
You will work as part as an established team, proving a safe nurturing environment for our residential students. We want the young people to retain as much responsibility over their lives as possible and develop over time. Therefore, you will spend your time assisting the young people with everyday activities, such as getting ready for school, homework, cooking, playing and going on outings. A main responsibility of the role is safeguarding the young people and ensuring the physical and emotional needs are met.
Who we are looking for
The Grange want a responsible, friendly and thoughtful individual who has a passion for caring and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. You will ideally understand some of the challenges that you could be faced with as it will be a challenging yet rewarding role.
We need someone who can be a role model, work well within a team, has great communication skills, is willing to go the extra mile and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present.
• Safeguard all young people and support them with their individual needs
• Support and develop the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals within the service
• Help improve the standard of living and confidence of every child and young adult
• Integrate into the supportive team
• Liaise with parents, teachers and other professionals with the best interests of the young people in mind
• Enable and support individuals to engage with the education system positively
• Work within the agreed care plans
• Help to promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
• Undertake direct work with the student, in consultation with and as agreed with other professionals to improve their social skills and life chances.
• You must be available to work the shifts required
• A strong desire to work hard to change the lives of young people
• You must have the desire to complete a funded NVQ 3
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.