A peaceful environment
in beautiful surroundings
A peaceful environment
The Grange Therapeutic School
The Grange is an Acorn Care & Education Independent day and residential special school for students between the ages of 8 to 17.
The staff at The Grange have a proven track record of successfully meeting a wide range of Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. We are experienced in recognising and working with a wide range of additional challenges students face, including Autism, Asperger’s, speech language and communication difficulties, dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, and SpLD. The school prides itself on being able to offer an appropriate curriculum for students ranging in ability from those with Moderate Learning difficulties to those who are gifted and talented.
“Staff are passionate and committed to providing a high quality service for the benefit of residential pupils ensuring their health, wellbeing and educational achievement.” Ofsted 2015
Take a tour around The Grange Therapeutic School
Find out how The Grange Therapeutic School successfully transforms the lives of children & young people with it’s exceptional approach to education.
Each pupil has their own curriculum, centred around both indoor and outdoor activities they enjoy – to ensure they renew their interest in learning. Experienced teachers ensure the boys take advantage of the school’s spectacular rural environment which has its own carp lake, as well as riding and water sports activities nearby.
Ethos and Values
Over the past thirty years, The Grange Therapeutic School has pioneered and developed an approach which ensures that pupils are supported in their development through a balanced provision of education, care and therapy with the combination of the following provision:
- Individual Therapy
- Child centred Family Support
- Whole School Therapeutic Support
- Educational programmes
- Rapidly developing broad and balanced curriculum, including vocational opportunities
- Key Stage 4 students agree an individual learning programme which combines GCSE’s, Vocational Education and the school’s extensive 24 hour curriculum.
- These are inter-related, progressive and responsive to individual needs. This rich history and experience provides the basis for the on-going development of the school.